Displacement is a curated exhibition of OCAD University student work from the Faculties of Art and Design. These moving and still images all consider the placement of subjects, objects, geographies and/or ideas in order to disorient or re-orient the viewer.
HOW TO SUBMIT (SUBMISSIONS CLOSE APRIL 10)
- To submit work you must currently be enrolled at OCAD University.
- Still and moving image submissions are welcome from all programs, as long as they adhere to the theme of Displacement (description above).
- Submissions do not need to be from in-class projects.
- The work will be juried by a group of OCAD University Faculty and students and everyone who submits will be notified of their status before April 30th.
- Details on exhibition requirements will be provided via email once selected. For photo based works, students will be required to print and frame their work.
- All work will be displayed in the Ada Slaight Gallery at OCAD University as part of the 2020 Scotiabank Contact Festival. The show will run from May 22 – June 7, 2020